Monday, June 3, 2013

Artist Research: Helene Brennan

  Brennan was inspired by her travels to the countryside in Briton and also other countries. The forms and the colours of the environment are different everyday due to the changes in environment for example, decay. She enjoys exploring the change of buildings through erosion and landscape also.
  Brennan is interested in expressing the light and colours of the land,sea and sky as well as the moods and the forces of nature.She calls it the "power of nature". I really love her work due to it almost looking like a realist scene,of where she has been.

As you can see from this painting Brennan focuses on erosion, which is also what I am interested in. I like the realistic look to her work and the texture of her painting make it extremely eye- catching.

 Here are some of the copies I have created from Helene Brennan's work.




I have tried to do a copy of Brennan's work although I don't think it has turned out very well. I think I needed to add more detail it the the ruined buildings in order to make it look more realistic like it is in the original painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment