Friday, June 21, 2013

Experimenting Oil Pastels.

   I have decided to continue working with oil pastels in  my work, as I believe that Oil pastel are the materials that I would like to use for my final piece. In my past pieces I have used darker colours in order to create a dramatic effect. I have decided to change my method and instead use lighter shades of oil pastels. I  have recently researched into Fauvism and have really been inspired by the work from artists such as Georges Rouvault. During the Fauvist period the work was mostly abstract and frequently used bright colours. I recently visited Skipton Castle, where I took photographs of the eroded castle and church. This first piece is taken from one of my primary photographs of the castle, but has been recreated in the style of Fauvism.





No comments:

Post a Comment