Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Artist Research: Patrick Caulfield

  Patrick Caulfield is an English painter and printmaker. Caulfield's painting was characterised by flat images of objects paired with angular geometric devices or isolated against unmodulated areas of colour. Though commonly associated with Pop Art, he was insistent that he was not a part of the movement and developed a unique style of his own.His pieces are characterised by flat colour and simple outlines of everyday objects such as lamps and items of food.
   I have really been inspired by Patrick Caulfield's work I like how his drawings and prints are simple but yet are extremely eye catching.
    Here are a few examples of Patrick Caulfield's artwork:



  I decided to experiment by completing a copy of the two pieces above. I found the process relatively easy to copy, due to the artwork being yet simplistic. I comleted the copies by using paint and oil pastels for the outlines. Caulfield used think black outlines and so I have done the same with my copies.


No comments:

Post a Comment