Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Work inspired by Patrick Caulfield.

   I have really been inspired by Patrick Caulfield's work and wanted to experiment more with his working styles and techniques. Caulfield used bold and bright colours in his paintings and print work. I have created a piece similar to his style. I completed an image transfer from one of my primary photographs which didn't turn out very well, due to the transfer ripping away from the material. I decided to be resourceful and try and turn it into the style of Caulfield. I drew over the transfer with oil pastels and added bright colours such as yellow,orange and green. The work looks simple with the bold colours and black outline but is still very effective and almost looks textured due to the use of oil pastels.
 Here is the piece that has been inspired by Caulfield's work:




No comments:

Post a Comment