Monday, June 3, 2013

Pencil Drawings.

   I felt that one of my strengths are pencil drawings and therefore I decided to experiment more with this technique. By looking at the artist John Piper and looking at his work of erosion and destroyed buildings, I felt inspired and that I should experiment with these methods further. Piper is most famous for using ink and shaded pencil drawings.I have also created some ink paintings that will be shown later on in my blog.
  This is the first piece that has been inspired by the artist John Piper. This piece has been created in my sketch book.



I feel that this piece has been extremely successful.I have created this piece using a simple pencil and shading the pencil in darker sections of the image. I have made sure that the plants and greenery areas are darker in order to make the nature look more dominate over the man made stone stairs. Even though I haven't added any colour it is still really effective. The plants are dominate and dramatic to convey that they have the power over  everything else.

    The second pencil drawing that I have created is another one from my primary photograph. I really like this pencil drawing as it conveys the theme of erosion. I have concentrated on the eroded paint from a wall, which I took as part of my primary photographs. I believe that if I concentrate on this image again I will add colour to it. I think that it would of been more successful if I would of added a bit of black ink in order to increase the effect which John Piper did in his own artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment