Monday, June 3, 2013

Artist research: Marcus Payzant.

 The first artist I have chosen to research is Marcus Payzant. Payzant is inspired by nature and forces involved in very day life for example, living and non living objects. He also focuses on decay as his catalyst, I am focusing on decay and erosion and therefore Payzant has inspired me with his brilliant ideas. Payzants paintings and drawings are a mixture between landscape and still life. He uses bold colour choices that bring the viewer into the paintings. He mixes compositions of common and usual objects in an environment that could be real or a dream. I have been heavily inspired by Payzant, I really like the way he takes everyday objects and changes them in to unusual settings.

Here are some examples of Marcus Payzants work:






Here are some of the copies I have done of his artwork, the copies have been created by using,coloured chalk and paint. I am really happy with how the two piece have turned out as they almost look identical to Payzant's pieces. I am going to experiment more with this style of work later on when I collect my primary photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment