Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Drag Paintings.

  I have created these pieces by dragging different colours of paint and dragged it with different sizes of cardboard that had been cut out. I firstly dragged the paint in order to make a background before putting the painting over the top of one of my primary images. When I had finished the drag paintings I found that due to the background being quite dark it was hard to see the painting that I had done over the top. To overcome this problem I used some bright coloured oil pastels to outline the painting. By outlining the image it has helped to make the painting look brighter and more textured.
  I enjoyed working with this method although found it hard to control the colours from blending, which lead to it making the image look extremely dark and dull.


No comments:

Post a Comment