Monday, June 3, 2013

Artist Research: John Piper

 I have chosen to research is John Piper. John Piper is a painter of architecture,landscape and abstract compositions. This artwork has been produced using materials such as,different coloured oils and black chalk for the dark compositions  His artwork has been based on landscape and eroded buildings and has inspired me to base some of my artwork on his style of art, as the work relates to my chosen theme and I would like to have a go at using coloured ink as it not a usual material that I woul
d use in my
 work.
Here are some examples of what John Pipers work entails;
33979

Piper1

Piper-CwmGraianog
I have created my own version of John Pipers work, I have done this by uses different colours of ink which is similar to what John Piper uses in his own work. John Pipers style of work has inspired me to start using ink in my own work which I haven't tried before.
Here are my pieces of work that have been inspired by John Piper;



This image is of a church that has eroded over time. Piper was interested in old buildings and therefore is the prefect artist to look at for my theme of nature meeting buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment