Monday, June 3, 2013

Work inspired by Helene Brennan.

Helene focuses her work on the erosion of buildings from places that she visits.She enjoys exploring the change of buildings over time through landscape and erosion. She is interested in the light and colours of the buildings,sea and sky, as well as the moods and the forces of nature on man made objects.
  Here I have created a piece of art that have been inspired by the artist, Helene Brennan. I completed this piece of art in my book, focusing on the colour and light of which Brennan also focuses on. 
    I have tried to shade the parts that have eroded away from the door. This is a painting from one of my primary photographs of a back gate that is old and has been destroyed by the nature. Brennan focuses on how places change over time and how the environment can change made man objects. I believe that by using a large amount of paint around the eroded area adds texture to the piece.


    
     I have also created another piece that has been inspired by  Helene Brennan. In this piece I have focused on the colour and the light contrasts of the eroded door.This piece has been created using watercolours, using colours such as, red, yellow and greens. I have also outlined the piece with a black Biro pen in order to give the piece structure  Brennan's pieces always look realistic as she concentrates on the landscape she knows well and can therefore add a lot more detail to her pieces. I have taken this from one of my primary images and have made should that I pick of the important features of the image and add them to my own pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment