Friday, June 21, 2013

Work inspired by Georges Rouault

     I have decided to create a piece with has been inspired by Georges Rouault I have really enjoyed his work and the bright colours that he uses in his work. In his pieces he always makes sure that they are extremely textured he does this by adding a large amount on paint and then adding oil pastels over the top. The piece that I have created is very colourful and also textured due to the use of oil pastels. I have drawn the gate in the middle and the plants around the outsides. This is to portray the  planetary to be over powering and dominate over the man made object. Therefore portraying my theme perfectly. I have been really impressed with this piece and I have decided that my final piece is going to be in this style. Although I am going to add thick paint aswell.


No comments:

Post a Comment